A Proposal for Detection of Underground Water Contamination via Multilayer Reflection Approach
Автор: Murat Koray Akkaya, Asım Egemen Yilmaz
Статья в выпуске: 2 Vol.11, 2021 года.
Contamination and degradation in the quality of the fresh water under the ground is one of the major problems of our world. Water quality on the other hand, determined by the physical, chemical and biological compounds in the water. TDS (Total Dissolved Solid), salinity, dissolved oxygen, temperature, metabolic wastes, toxic compounds and conductivity are some of the major indicators of the water quality. These items are sometimes correlated and any increase in one factor may decrease/increase other factors as well. The aim of this work is to develop an idea about the contamination due to chemicals dissolved or biological anomalies in the water. Mainly the indicator of this change has been examined by the change in the conductivity parameter, which is a major electrical property that affects the Electromagnetic reflectivity of the surface ground.
Multilayer Reflection, contamination, conductivity
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15017673
IDR: 15017673 | DOI: 10.5815/ijwmt.2021.02.05
Список литературы A Proposal for Detection of Underground Water Contamination via Multilayer Reflection Approach
- M.K. Akkaya, A.E. Yılmaz, Yeraltı Su Kirliliğinin Tahribatsız Yöntemlerle Tespitine Yönelik Bir Öneri, in: URSI-Turkey, 2018.
- M. Hashim et al., Study of Groundwater Physical Characteristics: A Case Study at District of Pekan, Pahang, J. Phys. Conf. Ser. 995 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/995/1/012096.
- Andy Connely, Conductivity of a solution, Wordpress.Com. (2017). https://andyjconnelly.wordpress.com/2017/07/14/conductivity-of-a-solution/.
- R.G. Wetzel, Lake and River Ecosystems, Limnol. San Diego, CA Acad. Press. 3rd ed. (2001).
- S. Choo, the Relationship Between the Total Dissolved Solids and the Conductivity Value of Drinking Water , Surface Water and Wastewater, 2019 Int. Acad. Res. Conf. Amsterdam. (2019) 11–16.
- A.E.A. and Gabriel Pérez-Lucas, Nuria Vela, S. Navarro, Environmental Risk of Groundwater Pollution by Pesticide Leaching through the Soil Profile, Intech. 32 (1989) 137–144. http://www.intechopen.com/books/trends-in-telecommunications-technologies/gps-total-electron-content-tec- prediction-at-ionosphere-layer-over-the-equatorial-region%0AInTec.
- A. H. Abdelgwad, T. M. Said, A. M. Gody, Microwave Detection of Water Pollution in Underground Pipelines, Int. J. Wirel. Microw. Technol. 4 (2014) 1–15. https://doi.org/10.5815/ijwmt.2014.03.01.
- US Environmental Protection Agency, National Aquatic Resource Surveys : An Update, US EPA Factsheet. (2011) 2. http://water.epa.gov/type/watersheds/monitoring/upload/nars-progress.pdf.
- Weng Cho Chew, Waves and Fields in Inhomogenous Media, IEEE Press Ser. Electromagn. Wave Theory. (1990).
- Sophocles J. Orfanidis, Electromagnetic Waves and Antennas, 1999.