A Comprehensive Mechanism of MANET Network Layer Based Security Attack Prevention
Автор: Mahaboob Sharief Shaik, Fahad Mira
Статья в выпуске: 1 Vol.10, 2020 года.
The infrastructure benefits, which are achieved from the MANET architecture is the prime reason for the increase in usage for various purposes. The MANET architecture is made truly seamless with the capabilities of working without the central base stations or without the intervention of the central administration. The architecture for a MANET network is highly diversified and completely depends on the formation as the nodes in the MANET network can roam freely with a subsequent connection to any external device or any external networks. Yet another primary benefit of these devices and the networks are operability of the networks and the nodes without any human interventions. This property of the MANET network nodes makes the MANET devices operable in extreme conditions, where the human interventions are nearly impossible. In spite of these uncountable benefits, the MANET networks and the devices, which are part of the networkare always subjected to attacks from various sources. In this work, the attacks types for each network layer are identified and addressed to be prevented. The measures listed in this work are convertible as a modular component of any automated framework to make the complete attack prevention mechanism automated
MANET, MANET Layers, MANET Attacks, Attack Prevention, Selfishness, Rushing, Routing table overflow, BlackHole, Jamming
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15017172
IDR: 15017172 | DOI: 10.5815/ijwmt.2020.01.04
Список литературы A Comprehensive Mechanism of MANET Network Layer Based Security Attack Prevention
- P. Mohapatra, S. Krishnamurthy, AD HOC NETWORKS: Technologiesand Protocols. Secaucus, NJ, USA:Springer-Verlag New York, Inc, 2004.
- N. Milanovic, M. Malek, A. Davidson, V. Milutinovic, "Routing and security in mobile ad hoc networks", Computer, vol. 37, pp. 61-65, February 2004.
- A. F. Farhan, D. Zulkhairi, M. T. Hatim, "Mobile agent intrusion detection system for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks: A non-overlapping zone approach", 2008 4th IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Central Asia on Internet Tashkent, pp. 1-5, 2008.
- J.-H. Cho, I.-R. Chen, P.-G. Feng, "Effect of intrusion detection on reliability of mission-oriented mobile group systems in mobile ad hoc networks", Reliability IEEE Transactions on, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 231-241, 2010.
- B. Wu, J. Chen, J. Wu, M. Cardei, Y. Xiao, X. S Shen, D.-Z Du, "A survey of attacks and countermeasures in mobile ad hoc networks" in Wireless Network Security, Springer US, pp. 103-135, 2007.
- Y. Xiao, X. Shen, D.-Z. Du, Wireless Network Security (Signals and Communication Technology), Secaucus, NJ, USA:Springer-Verlag New York, Inc, 2007.
- K. A. Farhan, "Network Sender Multicast Routing Protocol", Seventh International Conference on Networking (icn 2008), pp. 60-65, 2008.
- H. M. Deng, W. L, D. P Agrawal, "Routing security in wireless ad hoc networks", Communications Magazine IEEE, vol. 40, pp. 70-75, Oct. 2002.
- A. Mishra, K. Nadkarni, A. Patcha, "Intrusion detection in wireless ad hoc networks", Wireless Communications IEEE, vol. 11, pp. 48-60, Feb. 2004.
- Jens Dittrich, Jorge-Arnulfo Quiané-Ruiz, Alekh Jindal, YagizKargin, Vinay Setty, JörgSchad, Hadoop++: making a yellow elephant run like a cheetah
- Jens Dittrich, Jorge-Arnulfo Quiané-Ruiz, Stefan Richter, Stefan Schuh,Alekh Jindal, JörgSchad, Only aggressive elephants are fast elephants
- Mohamed Y. Eltabakh, Yuanyuan Tian, FatmaÖzcan, Rainer Gemulla, AljoschaKrettek, John McPherson, CoHadoop: flexible data placement and its exploitation in Hadoop, Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment, v.4 n.9, p.575-585, June 2011 [doi>10.14778/2002938.2002943]
- Yuting Lin, Divyakant Agrawal, Chun Chen, Beng Chin Ooi, Sai Wu, Llama: leveraging columnar storage for scalable join processing in the MapReduce framework, Proceedings of the 2011 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of data, June 12-16, 2011, Athens, Greece [doi>10.1145/1989323.1989424]
- Songting Chen, Cheetah: a high performance, custom data warehouse on top of MapReduce, Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment, v.3 n.1-2, September 2010 [doi>10.14778/1920841.1921020]
- Y. Liang, X. Zheng, D. D. Zeng, X. Zhou, S. J. Leischow, W. Chung, "Exploring How the Tobacco Industry Presents and Promotes Itself in Social Media", Journal of Medical Internet Research, vol. 17, no. 1, 2015.
- W. Chung, D. Zeng, "Social-Media-Based Public Policy Informatics: Sentiment and Network Analyses of U.S. Immigration and Border Security", Jrnl. Asso. for Information Science and Technology, vol. 67, no. 7, pp. 1588-1606, 2016.
- I. Anger, C. Kittl, "Measuring Influence on Twitter", Proc. the 11th Intl. Conf. on Knowledge Management and Knowledge Technologies, 2011.
- Dubey, A.; Jain, V.; Kumar, A. A Survey in Energy Drain Attacks and Their Countermeasures in Wireless Sensor Networks. Int. J. Eng. Res. Technol. 2014, 3. Sensors , 16, 1932 27 of 27
- Singh, V.P.; Jain, S.; Singhai, J. Hello Flood Attack and its Countermeasures in Wireless Sensor Networks. Int. J. Comput. Sci. Issues 2010, 7, 23–27.
- Abdullah, M.Y.; Hua, G.W.; Alsharabi, N.Wireless sensor networks misdirection attacker challenges and solutions. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Information and Automation, Changsha, China, 20–23 June 2008; pp. 369–373.
- Dubey, A.; Meena, D.; Gaur, S. A Survey in Hello Flood Attack in Wireless Sensor Networks. Int. J. Eng. Res. Technol. 2014, 3.
- Pelechrinis, K.; Iliofotou, M.; Krishnamurthy, S.V. Denial of service attacks in wireless networks: The case of jammers. IEEE Commun. Surv. Tutor. 2011, 13, 245–257.
- Reindl, P.; Nygard, K.; Du, X. Defending malicious collision attacks in wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of the IEEE/IFIP Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (EUC), Hong Kong, China, 11–13 December 2010.
- Ramaswamy, S. Prevention of Cooperative Blackhole Attack in Wireless Ad-hoc Networks. Int. Conf. Wirel. Netw. 2003, 2003, 1–7.
- Ding, J. Defending against path-based DoS attacks in Wireless Sensor. In Proceedings of the 3rd ACM Workshop on Security of Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks (SASN ‘05), New York, NY, USA, 7 November 2005; pp. 89–96.
- Zhang, Y.; Minier, M. Selective Forwarding Attacks against Data and ACK Flows in Network Coding and Countermeasures. J. Comput. Netw. Commun. 2012, 2012, 184783.
- Aly M. El-Semary ;HossamDiab, BP-AODV: Blackhole Protected AODV Routing Protocol for MANETs Based on Chaotic Map, IEEE Access, 2019
- B. Muneeswari ; M.S.K. Manikandan, Energy efficient clustering and secure routing using reinforcement learning for three-dimensional mobile ad hoc networks, IET Communications, 2019
- Jin-HeeCho ; Hamid Al-Hamadi ; Ing-Ray Chen, COSTA: Composite Trust-Based Asset-Task Assignment in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks, IEEE Access, 2019
- JiaLiu ; Yang Xu ; Zhao Li, Resource Allocation for Performance Enhancement in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks, IEEE Access, 2019
- JiankangZhang ;Taihai Chen ; ShidaZhong ; Jingjing Wang ; Wenbo Zhang ; Xin Zuo ; Robert G. Maunder ; Lajos Hanzo, Aeronautical Ad Hoc Networking for the Internet-Above-the-Clouds, Proceedings of the IEEE, 2019.