A Comprehensive Image Steganography Tool using LSB Scheme
Автор: Sahar A. El_Rahman
Статья в выпуске: 6 vol.7, 2015 года.
As a consequence of the fact, transmitting data has been fast and easy these days due to the development of the Internet. Where internet is the most important medium for confidential and non-confidential communications. Security is the major matter for these communications and steganography is the art of hiding and transmitting secret messages through carriers without being exposed. This paper presents a secured model for communication using image steganography. The main concern is to create a Java-based tool called IMStego that hides information in images using Least Significant Bit (LSB) algorithm (1-LSB) and modified Least Significant one Bit algorithm, i.e. Least Significant 2 Bits algorithm (2-LSB). IMStego is a more comprehensive security utility where it provides user-friendly functionality with interactive graphical user interface and integrated navigation capabilities. It provides the user with two operations, which are hiding secret data into images and extracting hidden data from images using 1-LSB or 2-LSB algorithm. IMStego tool hides secrete information in color static images with formats BMP and PNG.
Cryptography, Data Hiding, Image Steganography, Information Security, Least Significant Bit
Короткий адрес: https://readera.ru/15013877
Список литературы A Comprehensive Image Steganography Tool using LSB Scheme
- A. Kumar, "Steganography: A Data Hiding Technique," IJCA, vol. 9, no. 7, Nov. 2010, pp. 19-23.
- Mamta Juneja, "A Covert Communication Model-Based on Image Steganography", International Journal of Information Security and Privacy (IJISP), Volume 8, Issue 1. Copyright © 2014. 19 pages.
- Nirmalya Chowdhury, Puspita Manna, "An Efficient Method of Steganography using Matrix Approach", Copyright © 2012 MECS I.J. Intelligent Systems and Applications, 2012, 1, pp32-38. (http://www.mecs-press.org/) DOI: 10.5815/ijisa.2012.01.04.
- Phad Vitthal S., Bhosale Rajkumar S., Panhalkar Archana R., "A Novel Security Scheme for Secret Data using Cryptography and Steganography", Copyright © 2012 MECS I.J. Computer Network and Information Security, 2012, 2, pp36-42. (http://www.mecs-press.org).
- Manish Mahajan, Dr. Navdeep Kaur, "Adaptive Steganography: A survey of Recent Statistical Aware Steganography Techniques", Copyright © 2012 MECS I.J. Computer Network and Information Security, 2012, 10, pp76-92. (http://www.mecs-press.org/) DOI: 10.5815/ijcnis.2012.10.08 .
- Shailender Gupta, Ankur Goyal, Bharat Bhushan, "Information Hiding Using Least Significant Bit Steganography and Cryptography", Copyright © 2012 MECS I.J. Modern Education and Computer Science, 2012, 6, pp27-34. (http://www.mecs-press.org/) DOI: 10.5815/ijmecs.2012.06.04 .
- M. Husain and M. Hussain, "A Survey of Image Steganography Techniques," IJAST, vol. 54, May 2013, pp. 113-124.
- Rajeev Kumar, Khushil K. Saini, and Satish Chand, "A New Steganography Technique Using Snake Scan Ordering Strategy", Copyright © 2013 MECS I.J. Image, Graphics and Signal Processing, 2013, 6, pp25-32. (http://www.mecs-press.org/) DOI: 10.5815/ijigsp.2013.06.04.
- J. Cummins et al., "Steganography and Digital Watermarking," School of Computer Science, The University of Birmingham, 2004, pp. 1-24.
- T. Morkel, J. Eloff and M. Olivier, "An Overview of Image Steganography," in proc. 5th Annual ISSA Conf., Sandton, South Africa, 2005. [Was: Proceedings of the Fifth Annual Information Security South Africa Conference].
- G V Chaitanya, D Vamsee Krishna, L Anjaneyulu, "A 3-Level Secure Histogram Based Image Steganography Technique", Copyright © 2013 MECS I.J. Image, Graphics and Signal Processing, 2013, 4, pp60-70. (http://www.mecs-press.org/) DOI: 10.5815/ijigsp.2013.04.08.
- Amir Farhad Nilizadeh, Ahmad Reza Naghsh Nilchi, "Steganography on RGB Images Based on a "Matrix Pattern" using Random Blocks", Copyright © 2013 MECS I.J. Modern Education and Computer Science, 2013, 4, pp8-18. (http://www.mecs-press.org/) DOI: 10.5815/ijmecs.2013.04.02.
- N. F. Johanson and S.Jajodia. "Exploring Steganography: Seeing The Unseen," IEEE CJ, February 1998, pp. 26-43.
- L. Y. Por et al., "StegCure: A Comprehensive Steganographic Tool Using Enhanced LSB Scheme," WSEAS Transactions on Computers, vol. 7, no. 8, August 2008, pp. 1309-1318.
- N. Jain, S. Meshram and S. Dubey, "Image Steganography Using LSB and Edge Detection Technique," IJSCE, vol. 2, no. 3, July 2012, pp. 217-222.
- F. Choudhury et al., "Analysis of Various Steganography Algorithms and Their Implementation," B.T thesis,North Eastern Hill University, Meghalaya, India, 2011-2012. Available: http://www.scribd.com/doc/61193138/17 [Accessed: 7 Nov. 2013].
- S. Singh and G. Agarwal, "Use of Image to Secure Text Message With The Help of LSB Replacement," EIJAER, vol. 1, no. 1, May 2013, pp. 200-205.
- K. Hemachandran and S. Laskar, "Steganography Based on Random Pixel Selection For Efficient Data Hiding," IJCSE, vol. 4, no. 2, March 2013, pp. 31-44.